Featured in our Vancouver image design, Science World was built for Expo 86 and is one of the last remaining reminders of the exciting world's fair that Vancouver hosted from May to October 1986.
This weekend marks the 30th anniversary since the opening of Expo 86, and Science World has a very fun day planned for May 1. Here is the schedule they have planned:
- The classic Expo 86 film, Rainbow War, in our Science Theatre (plus a chance to meet members of the film's cast on May 1 after the 2pm show!)
- The first-ever film played in the OMNIMAX Theatre, A Freedom to Move (a free upgrade with your general admission!)
- A celebratory Expo 86 display created by the Vancouver LEGO Club
- Memorabilia display cases with artifacts from Expo 86
- Vancouver Transportation display with vintage buses (from the Transit Museum Society) and velomobiles (from VeloMetro Mobility)
We have always enjoyed our time exploring Science World and all the different exhibitions that they bring in - it's such a special place for parents and kids to learn and have fun together.
Before you leave Science World, be sure to check out the Kaleidoscope Gift store - they sell both the Vancouver jigsaw puzzle and the placemat too!
Happy 30th anniversary Science World!